Today I booked our flights to New Zealand! We are set to leave Kelowna on Tuesday, January 9th at 11:30am and arrive in Auckland, New Zealand on Thursday, January 11th at 12:50pm. I found really good flights on-line. We fly Kelowna to Seattle to Los Angeles with Alaska Airlines and then on Air Pacific from Los Angeles to Nandi(Fiji) to Auckland.
I found a countdown website that calculates the days, hours, minutes and even seconds until a certain date. So I plugged in Jan.9th and it spit out 82 days till takeoff! I don't know if that's good information to have or bad! It shocks me into a reality check of all that I have to do before we leave! Yikes!
One thing Kevin and I did on the weekend was figure out when I need to quit my full-time job to begin getting our house in order for moving. We decided that I will quit on Friday, November 17th and spend the next two weeks sorting and packing. We will move out of our house at the end of November and ship what we are sending to NZ via freighter, pack into a U-Haul what we are going to store up north at our parents' homes, and take over to Bruce & Niki's what we will need to live with for our last month here. Then we plan on heading up north, unloading our stuff, heading up to Cold Lake to spend some time with all of Kevin's family, and then heading back down through Calgary for a quick stop at some other relatives before we come back to Kelowna so the kids can have their last week & a half at school before Christmas holidays. Then we get the awesome joy of heading to Disneyland for a week with my parents and brother & his wife, coming back to Kelowna for one last week of tying up loose ends and then we're outta here!
Wow, it's just getting so exciting! We still need to sell our house, but we continue to have faith that God will take care of that too! We also still need to raise more support for our daily income in NZ as well as moving and setting up costs, but we also continue to trust God with that. Kevin and I have such complete peace that we are doing exactly what God wants us to do that we know that these details will be taken care of too. We have been so blessed thus far by the kindness & generosity of those we know who are supporting us through their prayers, finances, words of encouragement and love!
Our God is so good!
I found a countdown website that calculates the days, hours, minutes and even seconds until a certain date. So I plugged in Jan.9th and it spit out 82 days till takeoff! I don't know if that's good information to have or bad! It shocks me into a reality check of all that I have to do before we leave! Yikes!
One thing Kevin and I did on the weekend was figure out when I need to quit my full-time job to begin getting our house in order for moving. We decided that I will quit on Friday, November 17th and spend the next two weeks sorting and packing. We will move out of our house at the end of November and ship what we are sending to NZ via freighter, pack into a U-Haul what we are going to store up north at our parents' homes, and take over to Bruce & Niki's what we will need to live with for our last month here. Then we plan on heading up north, unloading our stuff, heading up to Cold Lake to spend some time with all of Kevin's family, and then heading back down through Calgary for a quick stop at some other relatives before we come back to Kelowna so the kids can have their last week & a half at school before Christmas holidays. Then we get the awesome joy of heading to Disneyland for a week with my parents and brother & his wife, coming back to Kelowna for one last week of tying up loose ends and then we're outta here!
Wow, it's just getting so exciting! We still need to sell our house, but we continue to have faith that God will take care of that too! We also still need to raise more support for our daily income in NZ as well as moving and setting up costs, but we also continue to trust God with that. Kevin and I have such complete peace that we are doing exactly what God wants us to do that we know that these details will be taken care of too. We have been so blessed thus far by the kindness & generosity of those we know who are supporting us through their prayers, finances, words of encouragement and love!
Our God is so good!
Comments