update

Well, it seems my one faithful reader misses reading whatever I may happen to write! So thanks for the little push to write something!

Let's see.....what to write about.....I guess I will start with how blessed I am to have a view like this each day that I come to work! If ya gotta go to work and sit at a desk all day, you may as well have something beautiful to look at!

The kids are all in full-swing with their myriad of activities! Paige is working at Dairy Queen 2 -3 shifts a week, has soccer practice and track practice one day each per week and soccer games on Saturday. She really wants to attend the track meets, but they are on the same day and time as her soccer practice so she just can't do it all! She continues to do well in school and comes home with some amazing stories of conversations she has with people. I think she has been blessed with her father's gift of evangelism and boldness! She stands up for what's right and isn't afraid to speak it!

Danae is maintaining her straight A's while working 3-4 days per week. She has also been helping lead worship every Sunday, either singing and playing her guitar, or just singing. She really enjoys that! After losing her two front teeth to a softball a couple of years ago, she has been hesitant to play again... but she's happy enough with the things she has found to occupy her time. She has also started teaching herself the piano and we get to hear the same song over and over and over and over.... :-)

MacKenzie also sails along with straight A's. She's playing softball two evenings per week with practices every Saturday. She started working at the little restaurant next door to my office, but hasn't had many shifts yet. Hopefully it will pick up because she really wants to work!

Kevin and I continue losing weight and tightening our belts! It feels so good! :-)

I should be planting my bedding plants but I just haven't had the motivation to do it yet this year. Seems like by the time I get my housework and any baking and cooking done on Saturday I don't have any energy left to start outside. And now with the sports schedule kicking into high gear I don't see that changing anytime soon! And Sundays....well, they just seem to disappear. Oh well, I will eventually get a few flowers planted because I love my flowers!!!

Well, I guess that's my exciting update from the Nichol household! We just keep on keeping on ... thankful that God is still on His throne!!!

I will add a verse. I love the way it is written in the Message:

Proverbs 3:4-6
Earn a reputation for living well in God's eyes and the eyes of the people.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you're welcome!!!!

thanks for the update.
Shuana said…
Yes, you do have a beautiful view. I've got to get my flowers planted too! I would like to lose some weight, but I'm shy of diets. Good the kids are keeping busy. Have a great day!
Bonnie said…
Good to be able to read an update about your family. I check your blog often to see if you have added anything new! Hi to your whole family!
Nan said…
What a view! We are just beginning to see a hint of green on the trees and the grass remains brown. Those who think fall is the greatest season are out to lunch!! What could be better than the baby green of emerging leaves chasing away the dull gray of winter?
Shuana said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shuana said…
Colan isn't playing soccer this spring/summer. He has tired of it or something...the initial reason was because he was going to Luther and needed to save his money, but now he thinks he will go with Dallas to Johnson.