time for something new

During the Christmas holidays, my sister-in-law, Jeamie, inspired me to check into something new. I am thinking of taking a distance ed course in interior decorating. It is a one year associate diploma program that can be built upon to be a three year diploma or a 4 year degree. I have read through all the course outlines and everything that is on-line about it, and I am pretty sure I am going to do it. I have received a lot encouragement from those I have told about it, so maybe it is time to try something new. The course work, and potential employment, could easily be worked around my day job right now. If I love it and decide to finish the 3 or 4 year program, I could do that too and then someday start a business with it. Who knows.... if I don't step out and try something new in a field that interests me, I will be sitting in an office for the rest of my life stifling the creativity God has blessed me with. hmmm .... sounds like I am talking myself into it.

The part that holds me back abit is the whole correspondence thing. I signed up for 3 university courses by correspondence a few years ago and only finished one. Going to university and getting my Bachelor of Education was much easier than trying to study at home. However, cutting and pasting and creating design boards is alot more appealing to me than the accounting course I didn't get through!

A friend of mine is also thinking along the same lines as she is at an office job that she doesn't want to be at indefinitely. We were talking about how time passes and we could have finished a course/program that would enable us to do what we love. We just have to do it! We look at friends who have taken that step and have moved to satisfying careers and we are inspired! Now that our kids are getting older and require less of our attention, it is time to do something for us!

See you in the books, my friend!

Comments

Unknown said…
that sounds wonderful! If God is for it, it will all work out! be blessed
Nan said…
I say go for it!
Shuana said…
Correspondence is tough. Why don't you take the course with your friend. Then you can motivate each other.