this 'n that

Well, school is underway. Everyone is settled into their classes. MacKenzie had a complete timetable change the 3rd day of school as she wasn't with a single person she knew plus she wasn't in drama (her passion). So after a VERY tearful first day of school last week, bursting through the doors into Kevin's arms, we calmed her down and had a chat. She agreed to try one more day and see what she thought. She came home and decided that her friends ''give her courage to try things'' especially in PE, and that she would definitely like to switch to the timetable track her 3 closest friends were all in which included drama. So I phoned the counsellor and left a voice mail, and also emailed her. She got back to me pretty quickly and we had a little chat on the phone and by the time Kenz came home from school the next day her entire timetable was switched and she was with her friends and in drama. Yay, a mother's duty done for another day. I figure that is one of our job as parents, to fight for our kids when things look hopeless for them and show them that there is usually a way to solve the problem.

I asked P&D about their classes and P said that she didn't know too many kids, but that didn't matter, she'd make new friends. A totally different personality. Danae needed her science switched for teacher and friend reason, so I again contacted the school, and by the end of the day they had accomodated her request. I sent thank you emails to both counsellors for their help with the timetable switches. It must be such a crazy busy time for them!

Other than that, birthday parties are done, school is in session, and I started a ladies life group last night. There were 6 of us for the first meeting and we are going to go through the book EPIC. I was really nervous leading. I would far rather be in a life group than lead one, but God prompted me this summer to take on this challenge this fall, so here we go!! And best news of all, my new Investment Rep is officially starting in our office tomorrow so I will have someone else in the office after 2 very long months of being alone and 11 months of being in transition! Hooray!!!!!

Last of all, I picked up Danae from school today and we spent the next 4 hours shopping in Kelowna. It was so much fun. I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with my kids! She even helped me pick out some updated jeans! wow!

Comments

Shuana said…
Good for you, for listening to your kids. I am surprised that so many kids thought nothing of my co-op's public scoldings, humiliations, etc. It's like they think this is normal. ALARM bells!!! If kids aren't enjoying school, there is a reason! Taking that little bit of effort to make adjustments so your kids can enjoy the learning experience is really important. Pat yourself on the back for me.
Shuana said…
UPdated jeans?!? Low-Riders? I can't wear any of the clothes that they are making. Even brand names are moving to low-riders--yuck! They look terrible on me.
Shuana said…
i mean designer names, like claibourne...