Colossians 3:23
Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
An older gentleman just stopped in my office. He comes by about once a month to say hi and tell me his stories. He has the gift of service in abundance. He loves to serve. The only thing that is a bit odd to me is that he goes on and on about all that he does, looking for affirmation in it. He is a Christian man who loves the Lord and is serving the Lord, but his need for affirmation gets a bit much after awhile. Today I reminded him that even if noone ever said thank you or praised him for his good works, he would have his reward in heaven.
It's a good question to ask ourselves: Am I serving others and giving to others for the recognition I want to receive from man, or am I truly doing it to serve God and would continue in service and giving even if not a single person noticed or acknowledged it?
Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
An older gentleman just stopped in my office. He comes by about once a month to say hi and tell me his stories. He has the gift of service in abundance. He loves to serve. The only thing that is a bit odd to me is that he goes on and on about all that he does, looking for affirmation in it. He is a Christian man who loves the Lord and is serving the Lord, but his need for affirmation gets a bit much after awhile. Today I reminded him that even if noone ever said thank you or praised him for his good works, he would have his reward in heaven.
It's a good question to ask ourselves: Am I serving others and giving to others for the recognition I want to receive from man, or am I truly doing it to serve God and would continue in service and giving even if not a single person noticed or acknowledged it?
Comments