saturdays

I like Saturdays. I can sleep in a bit. Clean the house. (makes me feel good....) Bake. (also makes me feel good...) I was going to bake buns today but I don't have enough flour and I don't want to leave the house to go buy some. I don't like leaving the house on Saturday except for soccer games! Which, by the way, Paige's first game is Thursday, September 8th and then every Saturday after that. Most of our Saturdays this summer have been spent driving somewhere too, so today will be a good stay at home day. Next Saturday will be another driving day as we go pick up P&D from camp. yayay!! So, Kenz and I will clean, then probably do some baking of some other type, get supper ready for company (marinated chicken shishkabobs and baked farmer sausage, along with other yummy things!). My friend is bringing her daughter over so I can streak her hair. We are having a 'streaking party' (from that commercial for the product we will be using:-) Kenz wants me to streak her hair with some of that colored dye that P&D used at camp. Again, don't want to leave the house to have to go buy some..... a lazy Saturday at home....may have to leave the house to go check out the neighbour's enormous garage sale.....

Comments

Shuana said…
Yes, if you like baking and processing food, you must like fall. I haven't made a batch of buns the old fashioned way since I got my bread maker. I always make the dough in there now, since it does such a nice job of it.
Shuana said…
When does school start for the girls? Ours starts Sept 1. I imagine getting back into the school routine might be hard for them after a month of camp.
Cheryl said…
School starts Sept. 6th for a half day. They will have 1 1/2 weeks at home to rest and get ready for school, although Danae will be working that week and hopefully Paige can find a job because she really wants one. Do you start your practicum the first day of school?
Nan said…
I always mix my dough in the bread maker now too and increase my recipe so I get 2 loaves or about 18 buns. With just 2 people I can always keep ahead and we have become very spoiled. It can be a problem when the gang comes but I try to have some made in advance or just keep on cooking.
Your Sat. is my Sun. I like to kick back in front of the TV and watch some golf or basketball etc.
Shuana said…
Yes, I start the first day. I have seminars this week (yuck!) where we, my cooperating teacher and I, "get to know each other," or be brainwashed, or whatever the purpose is. Then, day one, I'm teaching grade 9.

Mom, do you think making buns in the breadmaker will cause you to lose your "touch" with baking buns? I think it has effected mine.
Shuana said…
I've added the same counter to my blog and Dallas' blog. Thanks for the link.
Cheryl said…
did you add a counter to Dallas' blog so you can see how many times we actually check it 'just in case' he decides to write about more stuff?? heehee
Cheryl said…
I can vouch that mom hasn't lost her touch in making buns from scratch as she made some last time she was here and they are still yummmmyyyyyy!!!

By the way mom, we are still all drooling over the idea of saskatoon pie! I told my friend and she grew up with saskatoon pie, too, and she has been thinking about it ever since too!
Anonymous said…
FYI If you go into your blog settings and into the comments settings there is an option for word verification. This prevents advertisements in your comments. The other thing you can do in basic settings is to select "no" for add your blog to our listings. This means people can't find your blog if they don't know your address.

Dallas just wanted the counter so I put it on his too.
Shuana said…
Oh ya, selecting "no" to adding blog to listing means your name won't link up to your blog when you comment somewhere. So, you'd have to leave a comment with blog address in it. (That's how you had it set up when I first started blogging.)
Nan said…
You girls are way too technical! Flags, counters, you lost me!
I still am hoarding one package of saskatoons. Should I have a lottery to see who gets to share them with us?
Cheryl said…
I think the family who has no natural access to saskatoons (us Peachlanders) should get them :-)
Shuana said…
Okay, but then you are going to have to raffle off some peaches or cherries that are abundant in your area! We've got LOADS of crabapples if anyone is wanting those.
Cheryl said…
come and get 'em. We can get tonnnnnnns of fruit for free! Just don't know what to do with all of it.