another trip

Yesterday Danae got a ride home with our friend who had dropped her daughter off at camp. Danae feasted on homemade lasagna which she had requested earlier in the week when she phoned home. Then she had a couple friends come over to catch up on the last few weeks. She checked her email. MSN'd with a few friends and crashed into her very own comfy waterbed and slept like a rock until I had to wake her up this morning. She is getting her braces off today and then Kevin and I will drive her back out to camp. The drive is about 2.5 hours one way. A bit of driving involved, but I look at is as a great way to spend time together. I love picking the kids up from camp as they are full of stories of their great adventures. I don't like missing that part. I try to always be available to pick them up. Great conversation times!

Comments

Shuana said…
Very exciting--getting the braces off! When do Paige's come off--or have they already? Welcome back from camp Danae. You'll have to blog and let us know about all the trouble--oops, I mean fun you got into at camp.
Shuana said…
Yah, I know you're going right back to camp. I mean, later, when you get back on the 27th.
Nan said…
Hope Danae really does get her braces off today. I know she has been disappointed many times before.
Shuana said…
So, did Danae get her braces off?
Cheryl said…
Yes they came off and she has a funky purple retainer to wear 24/7 for 6 months and then only at night after that. She kept the brace wire and the mold they used to make her retainer and took them to camp to gross everyone out! I was going to get an 'after' photo, but I forgot.
The dentist is now going to do something to permanently whiten her front 2 dead teeth.
Unknown said…
and mom always wanted to hear a new song or two.
Anonymous said…
I loved camp as a kid and as a teenager!! what great times!! and being able to get your braces off in the middle of it must be fabulous!!